BG babysitting

Describe ways in which you feel like Arjuna.

This confused me a little, but I found that Arjuna is the readiness to fight and do what you are called upon.  Which then applying that, I would say if I have a certain job to do something over other people then it would cause e to do better and works hard to do whatever it is the best I can.  I think most people would agree that if they were specifically chosen to do something then they would try their best to do it.

How could you specifically apply the message of the Bhagavad Gita?

The message of BG is that when you have a job to do something, then you need to do it.  So the way I could apply it is whenever I am given responsibility I need to accept it and do what is needed of me. Also other people should do what is needed of them and I should be able to depend on they to do their job.

How would the ancient Indian perspective of the Bhagavad Gita be VERY different than the 21st Century American perspective of doing one’s duty?

In the Bg it is clear that everyone life it temporary and they will be reborn so you may take what every needs possible in order to carry out your duty.  But Americas perspective is that everyone’s life needs to be protected, even down to their feelings.  So the actions taken in america in order to accomplish anything are much more precautions than in Bg being, which is do what is necessary.

Now, venture back to ancient India. Think of a way the Bhagavad Gita could be used as a tool of oppression?

This took some though and hat I came up with was a little bit of a stretch.  It could be a tool of oppression if the rich could read and started killing poor just because it would be justified by their readings in their religion. Unless the BG is passed through word, it basically says murder is okay because everyone comes back.

One Comment